One of the great things about music is that there is always something new to discover. Sometimes it is an artist you’ve never heard of before, other times it’s actually making the effort to explore a songwriter who captured your attention at some point. Everyone knows the band Crowded House from their two hits song of many years ago – “Don’t Dream It’s Over” and “Something So Strong.” Regrettably, I never paid much attention to this very talented trio from New Zealand. Then I stumbled across some solo work by Neil Finn the lead singer and main songwriter and was both impressed and pleasantly surprised by his body of work including efforts on several other projects. The more I listen to his music the more I like it.
I was captivated by the song “Don’t Stop Now“ the first time I heard it and it has been in regular rotation on my IPod since. Neil has an uncanny ability to write about simple everyday experiences and give them meaning. He is clearly an attentive and thoughtful observer of life. His latest project is with his wife in the band Pajama Club and I look forward to where this musical journey will take them.
- No more Crowded House: Neil Finn’s new band, Pajama Club (guardian.co.uk)
- Who are the band members of crowded house (wiki.answers.com)
- Uncrowded house music (theage.com.au)
- Newest Love: Pajama Club (musicallyamusing.com)
- What happened to crowded house (wiki.answers.com)
- Crowded House: It’s not over yet (musicreviewstoday.com)