I’ve seen Bruce Springsteen live quite a few times now and it never gets old. While he rarely plays for 4 hours anymore you always feel like you get your moneys worth. This is a man who was born to write music and be on stage. It is mostly just straightforward rock-n-roll but that’s fine with me. With Bruce it’s always been about more than just the music.
Throughout history every generation relies on artists to tell its story. It always felt to me like Bruce was an important voice of the Baby Boomer generation. It has been interesting to watch events filter through the lens of his artistic eye. Thank goodness he keeps writing and touring and sharing his talents. I encourage you to catch him live while you still can.
The song “The Promised Land” has always been on of my favorites. Have a great weekend!
- Bruce Springsteen Jumps Into Crowd, Drinks Guy’s Beer in Mid-Song! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Bruce Springsteen Brings the Noise (miketrap.com)
- Bruce: You Gotta Raise Your Beer (wncx.radio.com)
- The Church of Rock N’ Roll (dontleavetowngavin.com)
- Young Fan Meets Bruce Springsteen In Boston (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- Bruce Springsteen Sketchnotes (sketchesandjottings.wordpress.com)